RunRyder RC
 1 page 826 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopterHelicopter Main Discussion › U.S flying.
02-26-2016 01:17 PM  33 months agoPost 1


Guelph Ont.

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Hey all what is the rules now for flying in the U.S for people from other countries. I go to IRCHA every year and Mid America and would like to keep going but with the new rules it might put an end to that.

Any insight would be appreciated.


Proud member of Team Bob00

02-26-2016 03:23 PM  33 months agoPost 2

rrKey Veteran

Buckley WA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Just register with the FAA and get a number. That would be my guess.

Find out if thos event require an FAA reg.

Fly Hard......Team Viagra

02-26-2016 03:44 PM  33 months agoPost 3



My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

The FAA mandate is between an individual and the US government. The AMA does not require and does not plan to require submission of FAA registration in order to become a member or participate in an AMA sanctioned event.

Clubs are not required to verify FAA registration, and neither are event organizers.

02-29-2016 04:47 PM  33 months agoPost 4
Dee Flies 3D


Farmington Hls, Mich - USA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Hey R Tappy - others have asked the same thing.. Not exactly sure how this goes yet for Non-US folks. One person had a mail/residence address here in the US & he was able to get a number. Others without have not had much luck as I've seen...

02-29-2016 05:03 PM  33 months agoPost 5
Mark Ryder


Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

UAS Registration Q&A
Q11. Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.
Q44. Why does the certificate I received constitute recognition of registration for US citizens and permanent residents, but only recognition of ownership for foreign nationals? Have I complied with the requirement to register?

A. All users can submit information to the UAS registry; however, the law only permits the FAA to register aircraft belonging to United States citizens and permanent residents. For all others, the certificate received from the registry comprises a recognition of ownership, rather than a registration. Foreign nationals who have completed the recognition of ownership process and wish to receive a rebate for the $5 registration fee may contact the FAA. Nonetheless, all users are encouraged to submit their information and mark their UAS. This will facilitate the recovery of the UAS, should it be lost or stolen.
Q62. I am a citizen of a foreign country who lives in the United States. How do I know if I can register a drone with the FAA?

A. Federal law allows an individual citizen of another country who has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States under the regulations of the Department of Homeland Security to register an aircraft, including a drone, with the FAA.
Q63. I am a foreign citizen who would like to operate my sUAS in the United States but I do not have a United States address. For purposes of fulfilling the requirement for aircraft registration, what addresses must I provide for my permanent and mailing addresses?

A. For the next several weeks, a person with a United States address must register the small unmanned aircraft on your behalf and provide their address and payment information. The FAA will assume a bailment agreement exists between you and that person in this instance, as referenced in 14 CFR 48.25. In the coming weeks, the FAA expects to roll out an update to the web-based registration system that will allow a person to enter a foreign address.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions

Mark Ryder

 1 page 826 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopterHelicopter Main Discussion › U.S flying.
 Print TOPIC  Make Suggestion 

 1  Topic Subscribe

Monday, December 10 - 8:19 am - Copyright © 2000-2018 RunRyder   EMAILEnable Cookies

The RC discussion world needs to consolidate. RR is now one choice for that. Its software is cutting edge. It hosts on-topic advertising. Help RR increase traffic buy making suggestions, posting in RR's new areas (sites) and by spreading the word.

The RunRyder Difference

• Category system to allow Rep/Vendor postings.
• Classifieds with sold (hidden) category.
• Classifieds with separate view new.
• Answer PMs offsite via email reply.
• Member gallery photos with advanced scripting.
• Gallery photo viewer integrated into postings.
• Highly refined search with advanced back end.
• Hosts its own high end fast response servers.
• Hosts thousands of HD event coverage videos.
• Rewrote entire code base with latest technology.
• No off-topic (annoying) click bait advertising.
Login Here
 New Subscriptions 
 Buddies Online