The Vortex V4 firmware is now available to download via the Spartan website. A full list of changes is included in the firmware release notes. Some key points:
* Built in support for 3+ blade helicopters. Although it was still possible to fly 3 blade helis before the new firmware offers targeted refinements for multi blades helicopters, eliminates guesswork and offers excellent performance out of the box.
* Fly your speed heli flat out without touching the cyclic and it will track like an arrow. The new Speed Mode is activated when Style is set to 100%. As usual some tweaking of gains is also required for speed runs. We will produce an FAQ in due course.
* All new tail gyro firmware offers 46% improvement in piro consistency and tail hold in hard punch-outs. The tail tracks better in backwards flight.
* New electric governor with soft-start and auto bailout. Holds RPM tighter than any gov we know of. It's dual preemptive response will harvest the very last bit of power from your power system. Discover power you didn't know it existed.
* New Gasser governor mode is an evolution of existing nitro governor which now takes into account the torque curve of Gasser engines.
If you have Spartan Studio already installed simply hit the Sync button and you are ready for V4. The V3 menus will continue to work just fine when a Vortex with V3 firmware is connected to the computer.