RunRyder RC
WATCH
 1 page 967 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopter
e-
Mikado
Logo 550 › 550se vs , ground wire
10-17-2015 07:26 PM  34 months agoPost 1
AA simon

rrApprentice

barcelos, portugal

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

hi,

all through my build I have been questioning if I need to fit the ground wires or not, I personally don't think I need them, but as a lot of experienced pilots recommend I fit it who am I to question it.

I have one wire going from the motor counter bearing screw to the tail tube with a patch going to the neo, here I have tested and I have continuity all round.

on the tail box is where I have dout, I have the wire like in the picture (the pic is not mine) so i have continuity from the motor to the tensioner bolt and the tensioner roller, is this all i need?
i was thinking that the tail shaft itself needed continuity but that i havent got and never will with this set up.

am i making sense?

Simon Ribeiro

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
10-17-2015 08:46 PM  34 months agoPost 2
Ronald Thomas

rrMaster

Gainesville, Fl, USA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Yes, fit the rear wire, you need it

Team MikadoUSA 480XXTreme, 550SX, 600SX, 700XXTreme, 800XXTreme!!

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
10-18-2015 01:52 AM  34 months agoPost 3
JEEPWORLD2002/2

rrKey Veteran

Blue Bell, Pa

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

I don't doubt you Ron but his location Portugal ? Is it not like 80% humidity there 90 % of the year and the other. 10% monsun rains ?? I thought static came from dry air like we have here in the north during winter ??

Trex600n,Trex500,MR25,MikadoLoGo5003d/KDE,Goblin 380XNova,CastleCreations,Ys,JR XG8,Tags Mini XBus Dmss//FAA# FA3NYC9TAP

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
10-18-2015 01:55 AM  34 months agoPost 4
Ronald Thomas

rrMaster

Gainesville, Fl, USA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

It is 100% humidity here in Fl most of the year and we have static issues...

Team MikadoUSA 480XXTreme, 550SX, 600SX, 700XXTreme, 800XXTreme!!

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
10-18-2015 11:13 AM  34 months agoPost 5
AA simon

rrApprentice

barcelos, portugal

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

I have fitted the wire, cheap insurance, no reason not to fit it,

my confusion was where to fit it,

I have it like in the pic but I had thought there was supposed to be continuity to the tail shaft bearings, as I have it the roller has continuity but not the shaft is this all I need?

basically after going to the trouble of making the leads i want to make sure i have it fitted right !

Simon Ribeiro

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-01-2015 02:17 PM  33 months agoPost 6
cudaboy_71

rrElite Veteran

sacramento, ca, u.s.

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

if you have a multimeter, set it to Ω and check the continuity with the probes.

if you test each connection point individually it is very simple to tell where a fault is. if you do not have continuity the entire length from the roller to the motor mount, then all of it is a waste of time and effort.

in the case of a plastic tail pulley, going through the roller is the only option. And, I had trouble getting continuity from the inner race to the outer race that touches the belt. It has been so long I don't completely remember. But, I think it was the adhesive/loctite of the bearing to the roller causing a break in continuity. I had to separate them and press them back together dry. There was no danger in them separating since the plastic spacers held them in place.

I have the 690SX tail now, which has a metal pulley and can ground to that. So, I go to the flange bearing now, which is why I'm having trouble remembering how I had to ground the roller.

if it ain't broke, break it.

PM  EMAIL  HOMEPAGE  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-01-2015 06:36 PM  33 months agoPost 7
smittylube

rrVeteran

Santa Cruz, CA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

That wire looks pretty tight. Might come loose with vibration.
I put the screw to the boom in the middle of the bracket (about 1/2" back from your location) so I can have some adjustment when needed, but any wire pulled tight tends to pull out.

RPM is your friend..................................until you crash

PM  EMAIL  HOMEPAGE  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-01-2015 10:52 PM  33 months agoPost 8
AA simon

rrApprentice

barcelos, portugal

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

thanks

that answers exactly what I was asking !

Simon Ribeiro

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
WATCH
 1 page 967 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopter
e-
Mikado
Logo 550 › 550se vs , ground wire
 Print TOPIC  Make Suggestion 

 5  Topic Subscribe

Tuesday, August 14 - 9:04 pm - Copyright © 2000-2018 RunRyder   EMAILEnable Cookies

Login Here
 New Subscriptions 
 Buddies Online