I case anyone is looking for advice on this:
When I disassembled the motor, I put the can on my High Point Precision Balancer.
I noticed that the open end of the can had a pronounced wobble (run out) compared to the other end.
The can is actually two pieces that are pressed together.
The top (black part) is where the motor shaft attaches and includes the centrifugal fan.
The can (ribbed silver can) is press fitted to the top.
The axle of the balancer attaches to the fan part of the motor.
And the fan piece was turning true, but the can was not.
I sandwiched the can / fan between two 2x4. Then smacked it with a hammer a couple of times.
That seated the two pieces quite well.
On the ballancer, the run-out on the end of the can was gone.
I reassembled the motor (using the new shaft & bearings) and the motor was much smoother.
I assume the run out on the can was there before I disassembled the motor.
But after seating the can / fan and then using the new parts, it decreased the vibration reading on my SK-720BE from 30 to 6.
That is a huge improvement.
Believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear.
Fake News will be the downfall of our Republic!