Just starting to play with the Skookum 720 with my T-Rex 600 ESP and three blade Skyhunterhobbies Sky-3 head (with Century swash and follower... Skyhunter swash was too loose for my liking, but the 3 blade head is nice). I'm using the Align BEC with 2C 1900 LiPo and CC ICE 100 ESC with a single 6S 5000mAh 30C LiPo. I have the extra "Power Bus" connected as the manual states and I have the jumper connecting the Low Voltage and High Voltage buses on the Power Bus...
So right now I have the SK-PW7 Power Bus as follows:
1) Jumper connecting both sides of the bus
2) I have the Align BEC connected to the IO-D port (guess any open port for power works?).
3) The CC ICE 100 ESC is connected to the IO-A(T) port (only port that an external ESC will connect to I'm guessing as it is the "throttle" port?)
4) Tail servo is connected to LV TAIL side (but I'm assuming HV side would work too as I'm only powering bus with the one Align BEC that came with the T-REX 600)
5) Servos are 120 degree config (1 servo in transmitter) with Left servo connected to SW-L and Right servo connected to SW-R and "rear" or center servo connected to SW-C.
I think everything is working correctly as I followed the tutorials to the letter... Leveled swashplate, have links at mid-stick zero pitch, reduced cyclic throw... Only have 10 degrees pitch, etc, etc), HOWEVER my CC ICE 100 ESC won't work
. The ESC beeps only two times and then flashes red.
Right now I have "off" selected in the SK720 menu for Drive System... Is this the problem?? (Note: I've already set my end points and programmed the CC ICE 100 ESC independently of the SK720 setup via the Castle Creations software prior to playing with the SK720 software).
When I select "electric" in the SK720 menu for the ESC it asks for a RPM sensor to be connected?!?! That makes no sense to me? I'm ready to do the first test flight, but the ESC won't work (only flashes red on CC ICE 100).ALSO
... Right now I'm at 0 pitch for mid-stick collective (set on Scale flying in software), but normally "scale" flying means -2 pitch at low stick, 4 to 5 pitch at mid stick, and 8 to 10 pitch at top stick. How do I change mid-stick to get more scale flying pitch at mid-stick? I believe I'm supposed to set up everything in the SK720 software and NOT adjust pitch in the radio.
I've emailed Skookum and looked online for hours (even on the Skookum Wiki), but no luck so far :-(