Rotors Over Miramar Event Rules and InfoSorry this took so long, we've been working with the base to allow us some firsts and just got the ok(s).Flying Site:
1. The MRCF field is located on an active military reserve and is subject to all of the base rules and regulations.
2. Smoking, alcohol consumption and illegal drug use are strictly
prohibited at all times on the base. This is not negotiable!
3. The flying field is situated within a nature preserve and all animals and vegetation on the site are protected.
4. Access to undeveloped areas is prohibited. Please do not “hike” out into the brushed areas. Large rattlesnakes are living around our field and we don’t want anyone getting bitten.
5. Do not disturb the wildlife. If you encounter a snake or other animal, back away and leave it alone.
6. All other MRCF club rules will be in effect. Those rules can be found at:
1. The Miramar RC Flyers field is only accessible by way of a locked gate. Entry and exit are strictly controlled and everyone must be escorted to and from the field by a club member.
2. The entry gate will be open from 0700 until 1000 each morning of the event and then periodically throughout the day and again in the evening for those who wish to go get some dinner off-site.
3. If you arrive and the gate is locked, dial the number on the white board at the gate and tell the person that answers you’ve come for the fun fly. Someone will be sent down to let you in.
4. If you need to leave the field you will need to get a club member to escort you to the gate. Please be thoughtful of the club.AMA Regulations:
1. The AMA National Model Aircraft Safety Code will be strictly enforced.
2. Valid AMA cards are *REQUIRED*
for ALL pilots and must be shown at pilot registry.
3. Frequency control is in effect for anyone operating in the 72MHz bands. All 72 MHz band pilots will be required to place their AMA card in the appropriate frequency slot in the channel board and display the corresponding frequency pin in a visible location.Flight Line:
1. All pilots *MUST*
have a spotter.
2. The spotter is responsible for informing the pilot of “traffic” encroaching upon his defined airspace.
photographer may stand with the pilot/spotter with the pilot’s permission.
4. No one is permitted past the pit fence other than the pilot, spotter and photographer as stated above.
5. Pilots waiting for a flight station may stage their aircraft and support gear in the pit area while they wait.
6. All spectators will be prohibited from entering the zone between the pits and the flight stations.Night Flying:
This is a first for the Miramar RC Flyers club and as such there will be limitations:
1. All helicopters must be self-illuminated. Sorry, no spotlight flying. Maybe next time.
2. There will be pilot station available and only *ONE*
helicopter will be allowed in the air at a time.Turbine Aircraft:
1. All Turbine operators will be required to produce a current AMA turbine waiver at registration
2. All turbine operations will be subject to the AMA's Turbine Safety Regulations which can be found at: http://www.modelaircraft.org/PDF-files/510-A.pdf
3. All Turbine operations are subject to National Weather Service Fire Weather Planning Forecasts (FWZ), National Weather Service Red Flag Warnings and Fire Weather Watches for California. Red Flag = no fly. No exceptions.Camping:
1. There will be limited space available for overnight camping in RVs or campers - there will be no tent camping allowed.
2. Please contact Darren Hauptman or Kevin Spousta in advance of the event to check on availability.
3. The field will be open for camper arrivals starting Friday, July 8th after 4pm.
4. Club members will be on site to help with positioning your rig.
5. All RVs must be gone by 5:30 PM on Sunday the 10th.
6. There are no hookups and no potable water available. Fill up before you show up.
7. No dumping of any RV tanks – not even fresh water. Find a dump station on your way home.
8. Absolutely *NO*
open fires. That includes gas barbecues. The club has a permit for its gas grill and its use will be available for overnight guests. Please provide your own BBQ tools.
9. The club has no trash pickup services so please police your own areas and take your own trash with you when you go.
10. Generator use is ok provided your generator is equipped with a spark arrestor and muffler. All generators must be shut down at 11:00pm.Hotels:
There are two hotels across the freeway from the field -
1. Holiday Inn (http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us...nmm/hoteldetail
2. Best Western Plus. (http://www.bestwesternmiramar.com/
)Remember, we are all guests of the US Marine Corp while at the field. Please act accordingly.
If you have any questions about the event or the rules please contact:
Darren Hauptman – Event Coordinator – darren AT miramarrcflyers DOT com
Kevin Spousta – Event Coordinator – skiddz AT roadrunner DOT com
Mark Lukens – Contest Director - malukens AT yahoo DOT com
A helicopter is 10,000 parts spinning rapidly around an oil leak.