I finally got around to setting up my BeastX on my old Align 450SE V1. As a point of reference, I have previously set up my 450SA and 450 Pro with Align FBL heads and Align 3G units. Both flew well after the expected tail lock gain adjustment.
My 450SE is my oldest Align heli. Believe it or not, I've flown it with Hitec HS 56 servos all the way around with a Futaba 401 gyro. This has been a reliable heli for my sport flying.
For this retro-fit, I updated the cyclic servos to Align 410's and the tail to an Align 420. Rather than an Align head, I used a RJX head for this build. Total time to strip the old gear and install the new, including the setup of the BeastX was about 8 hours. Yes, I work very slow and carefully! The setup of the BeastX went without issues. Seemed a little different doing all the servo centers and end points in the unit itself rather than the transmitter, but what the heck.
Set up with Edge 325 mm FBL blades, this setup flew right off the bat with no issues at all, even hovering hands free for several seconds at a time. I haven't even tried that with a flybared heli. But this setup just felt so solid. The only issue, and doesn't surprise me, is that I had to drop down the tail lock gain one step. The tail wiggle with the default BeastX tail lock gain was no worse than the 3G default tail lock gain setting.
With carefull initial setup, tracking with the RJX head was spot-on. I've only run two battery packs through this build, but I am very satisfied with this setup at this point in time.
Gaui 200, 255; T-Rex 250, 450 SE & SA, Mini-Titan, Blade 450