i'm not at my wit's end yet. But, I'm running out of ideas.
I just set up the beastx on my 250 with a microheli head and spektrum satellite. went through the setup routine with little cause for concern.
Here's a rundown of how setup and first flights went:
with the current geometry (stock Align 410 servo horns on the 2nd hole from the end=11mm; grip ball at the outer hole of the grips=17mm) i'm unable to dial in more than 7° of cyclic pitch with 12° of collective. it's not a software issue, i'm just physically at the ends of the throws for the servos. the manual suggests i should be able to achieve 12° cyclic. however, moving either sets of horns to increase throw results in out of spec (purple light) when setting the cyclic range (the step where you set 6° of cyclic).
aside from that single inconsistency, the rest of the setup went according to the manual, achieving blue-led (within spec) setups across the board.even with only 7° cyclic i'd only expect slower than desirable roll/flip rates. as you'll see below, this is not the case.
Also, per the manual i lowered the dial 1 'gain' pot from 100%/mid-dial "a bit" as recommended. this was maybe 1 hour on the clock dial counter-clockwise.
so, i go out for the initial spoolup and pull to a hover. hover was ok, but the tail had significant wag. landed and dialed the gain down from the recommended 'F' setting (which equals ~70 on my 9303) down to 24 before i could hover without a wag. so far so good.
this time after pulling to a stable hover i began rocking the aileron cyclic. first two rocks were good, then i went into a violent control-loop oscillation that would have resulted in either a crash or in-air self-destruction if i were any higher than the 18" where i could safely (and did) hit auto and drop to the ground.
over the course of 8-10 test hops, dialing down pots 1 and 2 to just less than 25% offered no signs of improvement. after achieving hover, a pitch pump combined with any cyclic movement rapidly degenerates to self-destructive oscillations.
in old v-bar parlance this meant the AOF was out of whack. however, i'm not sure where or what to adjust this in the beastx.
the one simple thing i have yet to try is different mounting pads. currently i'm running a thin layer of dense gel directly to the bottom frame of the heli, strapped down tightly with velcro. this method has worked well for every heli i own from 450 up through 700. but, i suppose a little heli like this might need the thick, supplied foam.
i just thought i'd post to see if this rings of any other issue anyone may have run across.
if it ain't broke, break it.