Just finished my Aurora No.2
To reduce the number of Wires I decided to go the for the Spektrum AR7100R with integrated Voltage regulator and Rev Limiter.
I also chose the New YS91SR3C RR Version that should be able to run fine down to 15% nitro.
Almost ready to go to the flying field when I found that I simply couldn't get the Rev sensor to work. It took me some time discover that the 3C version has a new designed engine back plate with a steel ring. :-(
- And the Spektrum sensor can't feel the crank through magnetic material.
Finally I came up with the solution of making a bracket for the sensor and install a CSM Revlock Magnet in the Fan.
It now works fine with the sensor "looking through" the Fan housing - I didn't even have to cut.
I only got one flight so far but the YS91SR3C-RR seems to pull like hell even at factory breaking in settings on the needles and 20% nitro. - Looks very promising.
The built in Rev limiter in AR7100R works fine also.
So Spektrum and Yamada is almost forgiven again ;-)