setting on t14Hello georges,
Here is what i did. The TX is a futaba t14.
- I have an idle up switch (3 position) to fly without governor with 2 different V curves (normal, idle up1, idle up 2).
- The aux channel controlling the governor is the channel 7.
- On the channel 7 the ATV is -100 / +100.
- The idle up switch is affected as DUAL RATE switch for channel 7.
- the Align governor will only activate if dual rate value is above 35%. and the value of the dual rate you put will be the RPM setting.
- So here is my setting for the 3 switch position.
- Position normal
: normal throttle curve 0 to 100%, symetrical dual rate value of anything under 35% so the governor does not activate (green light off).
- Position idle up1
. V throttle curve and symetrical dual rate value of anything under 35% so the governor does not activate (green light off). This allows me to fly without governor if I want to.
- Position idle up2
. V throttle curve and symetrical dual rate value of about 70 %. the governor does activate (green light on). this is the governor flying mode. the V curve of idle up 2 is not used as the governor has control. in case of problem, if the governor disengages (lost magnet for example) the V curve will be active and there is no risk of engine control loss.
- On top of that i have a potentiometer controling the DUAL RATE value of the idle up 2 position, ie the rpm setting of the governor. I can change it in flight that way, but this is not necessary if you dont need it.
- Practically, when i fly, I directly go from normal to idle up 2 (governor mode). If for any reason i want to disengage the governor, i shift to idle up 1.
Here is my setting, I hope it helps. It work fine like that for me and I am happy of that governor. If I am not clear please let me know.