My Posts: All Forum Topic
- The Aurora is complete kit.
- The FX and EFX are just upgrade kits for some Hirobo helicopters.
They require a Hirobo "donor" heli to complete the build.
- The FX came first for the Freya & X-Spec, then came the EFX for the EVO 90.
- The FX and EFX use several components from their donor helicopter such as head, clutch stack, fan/ fan hub, gear train, landing skids/ struts, fuel tank and tail.
- The "Programmable Head" you see on some EFX and FX helicopters is an option, which needed to be purchased separately.
The Aurora includes the Programmable Head.
- In the case of the EFX kit conversion for the Evo 90 there are a few additional parts you need to buy (fan shroud, a pulley, and I forget what else)
- The Aurora has a built in 1-way system in the clutch stack, the FX and EFX do not.
- The FX and EFX use the Autorotation 1-way system of their donor helicopter. The Aurora uses a sprague clutch system.
- The Aurora uses the same CCPM design as the FX and EFX.
- The Aurora, FX and EFX share several common parts such as bearing blocks, engine mount and ccpm bellcranks.
- The Aurora uses a shaft driven tail system, whereas the FX and EFX use the belt driven tail from their donor heli.
- The Aurora takes advantage of several innovative design features such as break-away "sacrificial tabs" that the canopy posts mount to in a crash, and a slanted, sliding battery/ radio tray that is adjustable in order to correct the helicopter's CG on multiple axes.