RunRyder RC
 1 page 659 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopterHelicopter Main Discussion › If I Were To Buy...
10-29-2006 12:14 PM  12 years agoPost 1
Chris Lupa

rrKey Veteran

Lancaster, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

...A brand new Futaba 14MZ (English version, 35mhz etc) from another country and something were to go wrong with it, would I be able to have it fixed?? I've heard that if you buy from another country then ripmax/futaba are not interested. But what if I was willing to pay for any repair??

Any ideas guys?

Sponsored by CSM and QuickUK

10-29-2006 12:48 PM  12 years agoPost 2



My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

At the end of the day, they#re just a box of electronics....ANY DECENT elactronics engineer should be able to repair,re-align ,etc.

the problem ,is FINDING a DECENT electronics engineer

I suspect that the technical specs,schematics and component lists are closely you'd have to pay for the "blind" learning curve of your chosen engineer.

IMO it's a restrictive trade-practice that circumvents all legislation which exists to stop monopolies and price-fixing.

PM  EMAIL  Attn:RR  Quote
10-29-2006 02:19 PM  12 years agoPost 3


Northamptonshire UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

But what if I was willing to pay for any repair??
And I imagine you will pay through the roof for that, just so they get there profit back out of what they had of got if you had bought the 14mz through them

Give them a call and see what they have to say ?
Telephone: +44(0)20 8282 7500


10-29-2006 03:11 PM  12 years agoPost 4



My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

If you buy the 14Mz outside the UK (but still in the EU) Robbe will warranty it. You can get a 14Mz for around 1750€ last time I checked. Are you really saving so much by buying it in the far east or US?


"Perfection and patience usually walk side by side..."

10-30-2006 12:17 AM  12 years agoPost 5


cambs, uk

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

I think ripmax would service it for you, but because it didn`t come from them, you would probably have to pay.

It depends also on where you are going to buy it from.
When you buy electrical goods they have a CE sticker on them to say that they have been approved for use.

As I understand it , ripmax put the sticker on their sets before they get sent out.
If your buying your set from outside the EU it wont have this sticker and I think technically it is not legal for you to use it in this country.

I`m not 100% sure of this, but I think it is right

PM  EMAIL  Attn:RR  Quote
 1 page 659 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopterHelicopter Main Discussion › If I Were To Buy...
 Print TOPIC  Make Suggestion 

 4  Topic Subscribe

Monday, December 17 - 7:05 am - Copyright © 2000-2018 RunRyder   EMAILEnable Cookies

The RC discussion world needs to consolidate. RR is now one choice for that. Its software is cutting edge. It hosts on-topic advertising. Help RR increase traffic buy making suggestions, posting in RR's new areas (sites) and by spreading the word.

The RunRyder Difference

• Category system to allow Rep/Vendor postings.
• Classifieds with sold (hidden) category.
• Classifieds with separate view new.
• Answer PMs offsite via email reply.
• Member gallery photos with advanced scripting.
• Gallery photo viewer integrated into postings.
• Highly refined search with advanced back end.
• Hosts its own high end fast response servers.
• Hosts thousands of HD event coverage videos.
• Rewrote entire code base with latest technology.
• No off-topic (annoying) click bait advertising.
Login Here
 New Subscriptions 
 Buddies Online