RunRyder RC
 3  Topic Subscribe
WATCH
 1 page 825 views POST REPLY
HomeOff Topics › House Fire...Please Read
02-07-2006 05:38 AM  12 years agoPost 1
DrDan

rrVeteran

Potosi, Missouri

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

This will probably be sent to Off Topics, but I thought it was important enough to place in the Main:

I got this in an email:

Received from a friend who is in the property
insurance business. It is well worth reading. This is
one of those e-mails that if you didn't send it, rest
assured someone on your list will suffer for not
reading it. The original message was written by a lady
whose brother and his wife learned a hard lesson this
past week.


Their house burned down.. ..nothing left but ashes.


They have good insuranc! e so the house will be replaced
and most of the contents. That is the good news.


However, they were sick when they found out the cause
of the fire. The insurance investigator sifted through
the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the
fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her
sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom.
She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow
dryer. He kept saying to her, "No, this would be
something that would disintegrate at high
temperatures". Then her sister-in-law remembered she
had a Glade Plug-In, in the bathroom.


The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments. He
said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has
seen more house fires started with the plug-in type
room fresheners than anything else. He said the
plastic they are made from is THIN plastic. He also
said that in every case there was nothing left to
prove that it even existed.


When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two
prongs left from the plug-in were still in there. Her sister-in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she had noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would walk in to the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would come back on.!

That is a warning sign. The investigator said he
personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance
device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many
places that have been burned down due to them.


PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN ! YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE

Dr. Dan

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
02-07-2006 05:44 AM  12 years agoPost 2
Ali92124

rrApprentice

San Diego, CA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

For stories like these, snopes.com is your friend.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/glade.asp

---
Ali

I dont need no stiiiiiinkin signature.

PM  EMAIL  Attn:RR  Quote
02-07-2006 02:02 PM  12 years agoPost 3
BarracudaHockey

rrMaster

Jacksonville FL

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Thought this was going to be another Li-Po story.

Dan, do you go to those web sites that ask you to confirm your bank info and such?

Andy
AMA 77227
http://www.jaxrc.com

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
02-07-2006 02:35 PM  12 years agoPost 4
DrDan

rrVeteran

Potosi, Missouri

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

LOL.


No, this was sent to me by my brother. My wife had 2 of those plug-in things going. Needless to say, they are both in the trash now.


Thought it would be interesting for you all.


Dr. Dan

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
02-07-2006 02:41 PM  12 years agoPost 5
DrDan

rrVeteran

Potosi, Missouri

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Ali92124


Cool website. Never knew it existed!

Dr. Dan

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
WATCH
 1 page 825 views POST REPLY
HomeOff Topics › House Fire...Please Read
 Print TOPIC  Make Suggestion 

 3  Topic Subscribe

Wednesday, June 20 - 2:10 pm - Copyright © 2000-2018 RunRyder   EMAILEnable Cookies

Login Here
 New Subscriptions 
 Buddies Online