I just bought (about a week ago) a Walkera Dragonfly #35.
Out of the box i was suprised to find the heli is 100% built. i have read through several reviews that you need to practically rebuild the heli, as it supposedly built terribly. I looked over mine, and could tell this was not true. I only needed to tighten the gyro mount on my heli... the rest was great. I quickly tossed the stock "wall wart" charger out the window... and purchased a second hand Apache 2500 from here on run ryder. I decided to keep the lipo's it came with (1x 1100, 1x 1900). I also picked up 3x 860mah lipo's off ebay at $3 bucks a pop. Can't beat that with a stick.
First test flight was a nightmare. The heli flipped on its side, and took off a few MM off the end of my blades, tail blades too.
Second flight, i switched the toggle "lock/unlock" to unlocked. I turned both nobs to "middle". After a few test flights i gave up on this... as my tail was just out of control.
I took apart the transmitter to find the majority of everything in there ok. I took alittle harder look and found the "lock" the left stick set in, was dislodged. This kept the stick from "bouncing" back when you let go of it. To my dismay, putting it back together... it broke. I advertised here i needed a replacement, and someone took me up on that asap. It'll be here soon... in the meantime i glued the pieces back together and off to the field.
A few more test flights later, and i surrendered again due to my tail.
I went to the hobby store, and bought me a HS-56hb. Slapped it in there, and same problem! It would stick about 3/4ths the way full right, and then full blast full right. Really interesting... Lubed it up... same problem. I can only make the assumption that it is the transmitter. Bypassing the gyro made no difference.
On a good note, after waiting for a few days for my new transmitter to arrive... I managed to get the tail perfect the old school way (eyeballin).
First flight with my new tail and it cruised like a champ. My little 860's could handle all that much... but a few trips up around 8ft and it went great. This little heli handle's great! Even with the crap servo's. I can't wait to get this thing fired up with the 1900mah batt.
I did manage to strip the tail bevel gears... but luckily... thats in the mail as well.
Even though this post doesn't have alot of detail... i hope it helps others in the decision of to buy a #35 or not.... I will keep posting my progress here as well.
Alittle work, and good luck... you'll be up and flying with your #35/36 in no time. I'm really happy with my little birdie for the $$.
Post your POSITIVE experiences here for others... and if it is negative.. make it a constructive one... not just flaming.