RunRyder RC
 1  Topic Subscribe
WATCH
 1 page 576 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopterThunder TigerOther › Rapto 50 Tail Rotor revisited
12-08-2004 09:34 PM  13 years agoPost 1
Sipper

rrApprentice

Poole, Dorset, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Hi Guys

Just finished building my Raptor 50 and discovered I had forgotten to put in the grub screw thats holds the T/R gear pin in. Anyway I just screwed it in as that side of the shaft is visible. Was this correct or is there a specific way the pin is secured.

Thanks

Sipper

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 09:37 PM  13 years agoPost 2
nickwap

rrVeteran

Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, England

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Thats OK, but did you use locktight on the pin and the grub screw?

I would have.

Nick

"Give me another one, this one's broke!"

PM  EMAIL  HOMEPAGE  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 09:37 PM  13 years agoPost 3
Drunk Monk

rrProfessor

Preston, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

That's fine, just make sure to use a little locktite


Stephen

I only open my mouth to change feet.....

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 09:38 PM  13 years agoPost 4
RCHeliJim

rrElite Veteran

Orem, UT USA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

That should be just fine! Glad you caught it



Go Fly, Have Fun!!
-Team Quick UK

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 09:39 PM  13 years agoPost 5
Sipper

rrApprentice

Poole, Dorset, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Thats was quick, this is one cool site.

Yup, I used blue loctite on everything that was metal to metal.

Many thanks as always

Sipper

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 09:40 PM  13 years agoPost 6
Drunk Monk

rrProfessor

Preston, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Thats was quick
That's what you pay your extortionally high membership fee for


Stephen

I only open my mouth to change feet.....

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 09:59 PM  13 years agoPost 7
Sipper

rrApprentice

Poole, Dorset, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Not yet run fortunately, first flight on Saturday weather permitting. Not too sure what to expect really as I am only just at basic hovering so far with a venture 30.

I did ask for some help regarding setting up a 401 / 9254 combination on the Futaba 7CHP tranny and whilst i did receive a reply I still as confused as ever. Should anyone reading this be using the 401 gyro and the 7CHP tranny, could they plese let me know what settings they are using.

Thanks again

Sipper.

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 10:03 PM  13 years agoPost 8
Drunk Monk

rrProfessor

Preston, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Was that the one where the gyro light was flashing all the time andyou had the gain set to 50% in both modes?

If it was then you need to set one to 25% and the other one to 75%. That way one position with be 50% heading hold and the other would be 50% normal mode as 50% is classed as zero. If that makes sense


Stephen

I only open my mouth to change feet.....

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 10:18 PM  13 years agoPost 9
Sipper

rrApprentice

Poole, Dorset, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Yup, thats the one. I have made some progress though. On the 7CHP the HH mode is A1 - 100% and normal mode is N1 - 100%. I reset the tranny and it defaulted to N50% and it was by accident I found that scrolling down past 1% the N changes to A. Now I just have to figure out what sorta perc3ntage is required in HH and Normal.

I'm sure if I still have problems on Saturday there will be a few guys out at the field who could have a quick shiftie at my setup.


Sipper

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
12-08-2004 10:23 PM  13 years agoPost 10
Sipper

rrApprentice

Poole, Dorset, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Fow what its worth, By setting the tranny to A50% with switch B up and N50% with switch B down the gyro recognises HH mode. Might be lucky and starting to win with this setup.

Roll on the weekend.

S

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
WATCH
 1 page 576 views POST REPLY
HomeAircraftHelicopterThunder TigerOther › Rapto 50 Tail Rotor revisited
 Print TOPIC  Make Suggestion 

 1  Topic Subscribe

Thursday, June 21 - 1:40 pm - Copyright © 2000-2018 RunRyder   EMAILEnable Cookies

Login Here
 New Subscriptions 
 Buddies Online