My Posts: All Forum Topic
My Classified Feedback
Add Classified Feedback
I'm getting out of 450s and have this partially completed conglomeration that don't have the inclination to finish. The backstory is that the HK 450 FB Pro-based heli flew great...until grass caught a skid on takeoff, it tipped over and broke a main blade grip. After that, I decided to go FBL but life got in the way and I never finished it.
The airframe without a tail is a VWINRC. It's a neat airframe, but my Fusuno canopy wouldn't fit, so I robbed the main shaft, gear, head, and tail boom assembly to put on the HK airframe. I was surprised at the good quality of the VWINRC components.
What you get:
- HK 450 Pro TT airframe with VWINRC mechanics, Tarot swashplate, Align metal tail control arm, Fusuno canopy
- VWINRC stripped airframe, never flown
- Align 450M motor, great shape
- Align RC35X ESC
- 2 working Hitec HS-65MG servos. The third was damaged in the tip over and does not work, but the gears themselves feel perfectly fine, so I'm including it for parts. Also includes the original packages.
- Tarot ZYXS FBL controller, cables, and USB programmer
- Futaba S9650 tail servo. It has some strange wear on one corner of the case - see pic. I bought it from a guy and that's how it came. I've used it for years with no issue and still works great.
- New set of Radix Cosmetic Flaw blades
- Old HK 450 Pro FB head (incomplete) and TT tail parts, KBDD paddles
- Extra parts (some not pictured) include: main gear sets, bunch of OEM tail blades, feathering shafts, main shaft, several pinion gears, spare tail hub assembly (can't remember the donor), new Align one-way bearing, new torque tube gears.
When it flew in its previous form, I drilled a small hole in the HK450 tail boom block and used a set screw to prevent the boom from slipping. It worked great, and I'd do it again, just didn't want you to be surprised when you see a tiny hole in the boom block. I'm not sure where the old screw went, so just thread a set screw in there and you'll be good to go.
Surely someone wants to finish this project. Let's get her (them) to a good home.
Price is $150 OBO, buyer to pay shipping. Not interested in splitting up at this time.