Thanks for posting, helidevil!
Here's some additional info I've been posting in the other forums:
After taking some time off we are going to host another Maine Jet Rally and Model Expo. We need heli pilots to join us in the fun. There's a dedicated heli flight line with plenty of room to fly.
This is a unique event for a number of reasons:
- We have about 50 pilots that will be flying turbine-powered RC jets
- We have a number of folks flying control line airplanes
- We have a car track that attracts many car racers (this year there won't be a formal race... if you're a heli guy/gal and you want to bring your car, don't hesitate!)
- The event takes place at an airport
- Much like a fair we have food trucks and we advertise (TV, Facebook, etc.) to bring the public to the event. We're expecting thousands of spectators throughout the weekend.
How is this different from a normal heli fun fly?
- We don't have a raffle (sorry, I know many look forward to this)
- We do some night flying Saturday but we don't get "crazy" like some fun flys. There could be a large public presence so a select few pilots will do demonstrations (for safety, mainly). There are some fantastic airplane pilots that will perform nighttime demos as well. Things may change this year, but that's how it's gone in the past
- We only have a few flight stations, but they are large.
Those of you who know the Maine event know that it's very casual.
Come fly, relax, eat, and enjoy the company of your fellow pilots!
If you intend to come you should pre-register here: https://www.rcflightdeck.com/event.cfm?id=5890