Alpha RC build
I am building their E500 fbl version now.
The rotor head came pre-assembled from the factory but I went through it and applied new loctite to the metal fasteners and greased the thrust bearings to be sure. The rotor head is made from 7075 aluminum that is CNC milled so it's tough and fits together well. Most available rotor heads are using the 6061 aluminum, it's hard but not as hard as the 7075.
Moving on to the chassis, it too comes pre-assembled so I went through and checked everything over. The factory has applied a fair amount of loctite where appropriate. The frames are made from 2mm thick carbon fiber which is thicker than what you normally see on helis. You're seeing more 3D pilots adding additional sideframes or stiffeners to their helis these days to compensate for the high output motors/engines so here's one manufacturer that thought ahead. The carbon fiber is nice and there were no problems when I rounded down the edges so they wouldn't cut or fray the insulation on the electrics.
On the tail end both the gear box and the rear rotor housing and grips come assembled. I checked each fastener over (again, all loctited) and greased the thrust bearings in the tails. This heli is the torque tube version so assembling the 3 large components was literally a snap. The completed tail assembly has tabs that snap into pre-cut holes in the side frames, after which you tighten all the screws to hold it all together.
The servos fit into their respective positions well and were all locked in with screws and backing plates.
So, that's as far as I have got to on this build. Overall it seems to be going together well without any real frustration.
I've got a few pictures that I'll post in the near future.