I'm having some difficulty starting a new G230 inside a scale Vario Bell 430 fuse with automatic starter. I've gone through many or all of the posts regarding this issue, and I think I have tried or set most everything accordingly, so here goes in case there is a specific idea:
1. I'm trying to start it with the automatic Vario starter, which with a freshly charged 9.6v battery turns the motor over nicely;
2. I think I have hooked up the fuel lines correctly. The nipple close to the primer bulb is the return to the tank and the other nipple is the feed from the tank. The tank has a vent too;
3. The carb has a primer bulb and a choke. This engine is brand new and this is the first time I try to start it after two years of it being in the shelf;
4. The plug sparks when I try to start it and touch the plug to a metal part, so it doesn't seem to be electrical;
5. Fuel moves along the fuel line, especially when the choke is closed. There is fuel in the motor when I remove the spark plug and at some point it even started coming out the air filter opening;
6. Using unleaded with 1:40 non-synthetic two stroke oil for break-in;
7. When I try to start it there was maybe one time where it sort of tried to start, but it was very faint and weak. The rest of the time it did absolutely nothing, with or without the choke;
8. I have tried all throttle levels when starting and nothing;
9. Needles are at factory setting, the engine is completely new.
My two specific questions:
A. I know it should at least try to start if the plug is lighting, so could it be flooded because of pressing the primer bulb too many times? If so, what can I do to get it started? I literally waited for a while then turned the engine without the plug in order to dry it out and nothing;
B. Is the fact that I am starting it with the automatic starter instead of the pull start making it impossible (its new after all)? If this were the case, I can't imagine the hundreds of pulls it would require without results, unless the automatic starter floods it????
Anyway, I hope there is some idea out there that helps me out. I'm trying to avoid taking the mechanics out and replacing the auto start with the pull start and trying it outside of the fuse.
Thanks again for any help.