1. What is the difference between Low and high GOV mode in the set up page on the CC link?
You can start with LOW and see if it works, then use HIGH. Better use 'Set RPM' mode - easier.
2. How do I know where to set my TC's at, meaning, what do I want to accomplish with GOV mode?
Permanent head speed. TC should be constant, say at 85% flat or 75% flat. If using 'Set RPM' mode, ESC will say what throttle you should have to maintain speed. Otherwise, you need a tach to determine what HS corresponds to what throttle. Once gain - throttle should be constant. No throttle curves. Just flat. Should be about 85%, if too lower or higher, it is not good. Too low - not efficient, too high - not enough room for ESC to maintain HS. The best to use logger and see how it goes. If not, 85% is good start.
3. Does it work. I hear alot of guys say, the smaller ESC's don't work well. Is this true with the 60amper from CC?
CC25, CC45HV works for me.
4. How do I know when it is working and when it is not working?
If you have logger, you will see that HS is constant. If you do not have logger, you will hear that HS fluctuates - that's not good. If you have not enough powerful motor or battery, it may not work, but in this case your throttle curves will not work either.
5. Why does CC not have all of these definitions of GOV modes listed on there site?
Maybe CC can answer this.
6. Should I just keep the perfect set I have now, but always fly around wondering about questions 1-5, and if they will work to my benifit?
On all my helis, except 4G6 I use governor on Kontronik and CC ESCs.
"I just don't Listen" "