RunRyder RC
 2  Topic Subscribe
WATCH
 1 page 418 views POST REPLY
HelicopterBeginners Corner › Servo Arm Adjustments
11-24-2006 11:20 AM  11 years agoPost 1
Dave(DE)

rrNovice

Bear, DE - USA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

New heli pilot. Have a blade CP Pro and wanted to make the heli a little less sensitive to control inputs so I moved the linkages of the back 2 servo's in 2 holes from the end and adjusted the linkage lenght on each side so it holds it's position with the trim tabs. I didn't want to change the control for the left stick so that one is where it was. Any problems with this? I can't try it again till I get new blades.
Thanks,
Dave

the truth shall set you free.

PM  EMAIL  Attn:RR  Quote
11-24-2006 12:58 PM  11 years agoPost 2
BlakeMcBrayer

rrElite Veteran

Georgetown, Ky

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

The Blade CP and Pro employee eCCPM swash plate mixing. With this type of mixing is is VERY important that all three servos are set up exactly alike.

In short all three swash plate links connect to the same position on the servo arms.

Only changing two as you have will make the CP almost unflyable.

.

Don't come off the throttle untill you see your GOD!

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-24-2006 01:05 PM  11 years agoPost 3
Paul Hinz

rrApprentice

Oostburg, WI

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Yes there is a problem, with ccpm you have to change all 3 servos equally. By only changing the back 2 servos now when you move the left stick the front servo will travel more than the back servos and the heli will try to back up. Also by moving in on the servo arms you are going to lose collective pitch and may not have enough to get the heli off the ground. In order to make the heli less sensitive you should and more weights to the fly bar.

Paul

PM  EMAIL  Attn:RR  Quote
11-24-2006 01:46 PM  11 years agoPost 4
Dave(DE)

rrNovice

Bear, DE - USA

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Glad I asked
Glad I asked. Guess I need to get flybar weights when I go for blades this morning. These things are not intuitive at all.
Good thing I found this forum.
Thanks
Dave

the truth shall set you free.

PM  EMAIL  Attn:RR  Quote
11-24-2006 01:50 PM  11 years agoPost 5
colsy

rrElite Veteran

Cambridge, UK

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Also by doing this, you are reducing the overall travel of the swash, which could be "terminal" if you get into trouble, as there will be limited amount's of cyclic throw.

You would be better of using a good handful of EXPO.

Col..

Only Quote From Experience.

PM  EMAIL  HOMEPAGE  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-24-2006 02:09 PM  11 years agoPost 6
scott sr

rrVeteran

SEAFORD

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

EXPO is your answer if your radio has that setting . What that does is the center 25% will not be so touchy and after that the rest of the 75% will be just as it was . So in the center part you can move the stick 3mm and only get 1.5mm worth of action . So without expo you would have 1 to 1 . I hope you understood my explanation . Good luck .

Scott Sr. ><> ****Support Our Troops**** ><>

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-24-2006 05:14 PM  11 years agoPost 7
tmaxx26power

rrApprentice

South Dakota

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

Unfortunately with the stock CP Pro radio expo adjusting is not an option. I started on the Pro also and found that adding flybar weights and switching to flat bottom CP blades help tame it down. The biggest improvement was taking to time to properly get the heli setup as factory settings were way off, once it's setup correctly the little thing actually hovers and flies fairly decent. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to PM me, I'm no expert by no means but I have spent alot of time on the CP Pro to make it beginner friendly.

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
11-25-2006 12:55 AM  11 years agoPost 8
scott sr

rrVeteran

SEAFORD

My Posts: All  Forum  Topic

I wasn't sure if he was useing the stock radio or a regular one from the store . I have a Blade CX and run a 9303 with it . It is just esier to use one radio than to use 2 or 3 radios just because you have a couple more rigs . Anyway That is why I put out the expo setting for him .

Scott Sr. ><> ****Support Our Troops**** ><>

PM  EMAIL  GALLERY  Attn:RR  Quote
WATCH
 1 page 418 views POST REPLY
HelicopterBeginners Corner › Servo Arm Adjustments
 Print TOPIC  Make Suggestion 

 2  Topic Subscribe

Friday, April 20 - 12:01 pm - Copyright © 2000-2018 RunRyder   EMAILEnable Cookies

Login Here
 New Subscriptions 
 Buddies Online