Why wait? I waited 7 weeks to get my Heliworkz CF frame custom-made from Hubdave. You won't have nearly the delay.
This is a beautiful piece of designing and the workmanship is excellent (any general search of hubdave's products will attest to this). I believe this is the latest incarnation of this frame with the undriven tail option so hangtime on autorotations is significantly increased (I actually have to use the head button to slow down the rotor like a larger nitro heli otherwise it just keeps spinning after the motor is shut off). The unique design of the Heliworkz frame eliminates the front tail pulley entirely, so no more shredded belts due to lousy plastic pulleys and the tail gear ratio is reduced from the stock Align set-up to allow higher headspeeds (I ran it at 2800 rpm with no problems and no vibrations).
I flew the frame less than a half-dozen times; I nosed it in once because the motor pinion wasn't properly secured and slipped down on the shaft, disengaging the motor in flight. The only damage sustained was the upper electronics tray supports that were cracked when the battery pushed up into the underside of the tray. These were replaced but unfortunately only blue carbon was available at the time so that's why the tray supports are blue. The heli was flown again after the repair and flew rock-solid; there is absolutely no other damage to the frame. 1.8mm CF makes this one of the sturdier frames available and Hubdave warrants his product by offering a lifetime replacement policy on all crash parts.
This frame comes complete with everything that you get from Hubdave plus some additional items listed below that are specifically modified for the Heliworkz system.
- assembled black carbon fiber frame with undriven tail option
- extra hardware bag and two different sized allen wrenches.
- two brand-new unused belts (much better quality than the stock Align ones as these do not start to fray on the edges leading to jammed tail drive)
Extras that I'm throwing in include:
- main gear already shaved down to press directly into CNC machined pulley. (includes one-way bearing).
- three linkages from swash to servo with solder clevis joints already attached
- Shogun oneway shaft (this is an optional modification to increase pitch range)
- extra set of upper tray supports that were made wider than the stock ones to beef up the one weak point I've experienced.
These pics are of the actual frame and it will be shipped as you see it.
Price: $90/shipped via USPS Priority Mail to continental US only.
Paypal preferred but money order okay. I'm on the GG list here a few times (and have other references from RR transactions not on the list), also on ebay as clee27sw.
More information about the frame (including a full pictorial instruction manual) can be found at
A discussion about this frame can be found at http://runryder.com/helicopter/t222211p1/