I took the heli outside today to try this mod. in the wind.
There was a 5 to 7 mph cross wind in the back yard, fired it up.
What a difference, much less tail wag and seemed to hold a heading much better. Still could be better, so I cut 2.5 mm from the tips of the blades and tried it out again. This is getting better all the time, it holds turns much better and hardly any tail wag at all.
So far I have taken 2.5mm off of the trailing edge and 2.5 mm from the tip of each blade, and the tail motor runs at a higher rpm to compensate for the smaller tail blade.
this seams to me to be a good tail mode if you are stuck with the original motor and tail blade setup, also gives you more ground clearance.
I will go back to the DD tail when I get to the hobbyshop this week.