Big thanks to Ian & the team at Watts Up Hobbies & BigBadFlyer for helping me with building & setting up this monster of a helicopter. I couldn't have done it without y'all. =^/.^=
- Cyclic Servos: 3x Turnigy TGY-1800A 8g 1.5Kg/cm 0.1sec/60deg Digital Servos.
- Tail Servo: HiTec HS-5045HB
- Transmitter: Spektrum DX7s
- Receiver: OrangeRx R800X 2.4GHz DSMX w/S.Bus & twin satellite Rx ports.
- Gyro: Hobby king HK-401B
- ESC: Scorpion Commander 45ampere Brushless ESC
- Motor: Scorpion prototype HK2221-8 3595Kv Brushless Outrunner
- Battery: DN Power 3s 1.85Ah 25-50C LiPO & DN Power 3s 2.2Ah 25-50C LiPO
Problems with the new rotor head.
- eSky metal blade grips
- 275mm carbon fiber blades
- eSky Brushless power system (Featured a 3100Kv brushless outrunner coupled to a 20ampere ESC - which I burnt out)
- Hobby King HK-401B AVC gyro
- T6-6061 47T forward tail pulley
- T6-6061 10T aft tail pulley
- T6-6061 main & tail rotor heads
- T6-6061 tail box
- Thicker landing skids (as seen on Align's T-Rex 450SE v2)
- 140T black Delrin main drive gear
- Scorpion power system
- Now capable of swinging up to 300mm blades
- Section cut out of canopy to allow for the taller HK2221-8
- 12T pinion gear
- Xtreme Production 275mm fiber reinforced blades
- Canopy is signed by Curtis Youngblood himself.
- Now operates on the 2.4GHz Spread Spektrum band.
If you decide to "upgrade" the rotor head, I would advise you to get a KingIII flybar to go with it. The KingIII flybar has two recesses in it so that the grub screws holding the Hiller arms can sit properly on the flybar.
C.G.I. Concept Designs