IRCHA is proud to announce a new extension of our PIT (Pilots in Training) Crew Training Program. For those of you that do not know, IRCHA created a basic pilot training manual a few years ago that was designed to help introduce a new pilot to our hobby. As we began updating the manual recently, there were thoughts on how we could use the program to introduce more people to our hobby.
While considering different possibilities, the idea of having seasonal training days organized all over the USA came to fruition. We would like to get volunteers all over the USA to plan an introduction to helicopters/training day which will occur on the same day at all locations. We have even discussed making this truly an International Training day if we have some volunteers who are interested in participating.
1. Introduce new people/students to the helicopter hobby
2. Provide students a base understanding of model helicopters
3. Provide students with a base understanding of safety
4. Provide students with base understanding of progression
The updated PIT Crew manual (downloadable from the IRCHA website) can serve as a base for instruction on the pilot training day. We are currently talking with industry related companies and associations about helping us to promote this new training program. This, in addition to local club contacts, will help us to promote the program.
1. Event dates: We would like to see three of these occur each year nationwide. This will most likely coincide with early spring, early summer, and early fall.
2. Once the dates are finalized, we will let everyone know which companies will help us to promote this event.
This will fully depend upon those of you that want to help promote the hobby. We all know that RC helicopters could use additional exposure and we need to all work together as a team to promote the hobby that we all love.
Please feel free to use this forum to discuss or volunteer to help.