nothing to be embarrassed AFAIC... Its still in very good shape, I plan on removing the engine and testing it on the prop stand (see how the wally hyper21 compares to mine ).
I'm embarrassed about the rust on the flybar & fastener heads as I always kept my heli's in a spare bedroom where its not humid, but I moved last year and had the G20 in the basement.
Looks like I will be using the landing struts, muffler (after test I saw that my V2 is twisted at the mount so now it looks like its some 15degrees tilted downward in relation to the engine)
So far looks like I will be pulling the following items:
1. Landing Struts
2. Landing Skids
3. V2 Muffler
4. Both front frame halves
5. bottom main shaft bearing mount
6. Top main shaft bearing mount
7. Front lower electronics tray
8. Rear electronics Tray
9. Canopy (the trex one has been repaired one too many times and is starting to look bad)
I need to re-make the following:
1. a custom main shaft that is cut for the Trex600 FBL head
2. a new custom HD lower Frame (similar to V2 version in my gallery)
3. New custom Vertical supports
1. New custom tail boom frame block from 6061 Aluminum (im down to my last spare) for the Torque Tube tail
2. start on brass bevel gears for tail section for future (these items are drying up fast). start with straight bevels then develop helical bevel gears (smoother)
3. Custom Frame halves... But need to build my CNC router first (next summer)
showing a preference will only get you into trouble, 90% of everything is crap...